Slam City Oracles
A downloadable slam-em-up for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Riot Grrrl Gameplay
Slam City Oracles is a rambunctious, riot grrrl, Katamari-meets-Grand Theft Auto physics game, in which you and a friend slam onto the world around you to cause as much chaos as possible in two minutes.
With a rollicking riot grrrl-inspired mechanic designed and programmed by Jane Friedhoff, bright and adorable art by Jenny Jiao Hsia, and an upbeat soundtrack by Brooklyn-based, women-fronted rock band Scully, Slam City Oracles is a gleeful, delightful slam-em-up.
Slam City Oracles was commissioned for New York University's 2014 No Quarter.
- "Remember how playing Katamari Damacy felt? [...] One new game shown in New York City last week is sort of like that PS2 classic but with one big difference: you're slamming yourself into the world as hard as you can, over and over."- Evan Narcisse, Kotaku
- "[F]eeling like a bad ass is the side dish and fucking shit up is the main course."- Kaira Zenine Villanueva, The Mary Sue
- "[It] makes you feel like you're part of a girl squad rocking up to clear out all the plaid-shirt beardos[.]"- Leigh Alexander, Offworld
- "SCO's sense of play and impact feels like exactly what the teen girl experience in games needed."- Jess Joho, Kill Screen
- "Super Smash Sisters. [...] When you want to smash all the patriarchy and feel thwarted, play this game. You will feel better when your two minutes are up."- Ali, Autostraddle
- "[A]dorable and gleefully fun[.]"- Michael Rougeau, Animal New York
Check out our presskit!
- Huge world packed full of bright, cute, mischievous art
- Designed exclusively for collaborative local multiplayer play
- Dizzying and delightful physics, chaos, and explosions
- 50 achievements to unlock for extra challenge
Design + Programming by Jane Friedhoff
Art by Jenny Jiao Hsia
Music by Scully
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Release date||Sep 01, 2015|
|Tags||2D, Comedy, Cute, Fast-Paced, Female Protagonist, Funny, Local multiplayer, Physics, Two Player, weird|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller|
Click download now to get access to the following files: